The Customs Brokers and Forwarders Council of Australia Inc. (CBFCA) is Australia’s leading peak national body, which represents members interests in international trade logistics and supply chain management service provision. We are committed to be the voice for customs brokers, international freight forwarders and other associated groups concerned with international trade, representing and supporting our members in a difficult regulatory environment.
Our main objective is to promote the professional development of our members through training and professional development. Since 1904, our success for the last 115 years is built on consistently providing leadership, information, representation and networking opportunities for members nationally.
We meet the professional demands of members and represent members interests in dealings with:
- Department of Home Affairs
- Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
- Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development – Office of Transport Security Working Group.
- Other Federal and State Government Regulatory Authorities
- Other key National Industry Associations and service providers in the trade logistics supply chain
- International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations (FIATA)
- International Air Transport Association (IATA)
Through our Registered Training Organisation (RTO), the International Trade and Logistic College (ITALC), we are one of the few institutions that deliver the TLI50816 Diploma of Customs broking and the TLI50316 Diploma of International Freight Forwarding on a national basis. ITALC also provides Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for Licenced Customs Brokers and numerous short courses.