A truck driver from regional Victoria is set to appear in a NSW court over 104 offences relating to work diary breaches.
The driver was stopped at a heavy vehicle inspection station in March 2018 by NSW police where irregularities in his work diary were discovered.
Police also seized 3 more work diaries, all with alleged inconsistencies. The driver is scheduled to appear in Campbelltown Local Court on 29 January 2019.
The 38 year old driver from Shepparton was charged with violations including,
- 30 counts of making false or misleading entries in work record
- driver not giving information to record keeper as prescribed – 1 count incorporating 61 offences.
- 6 counts of solo driver resting less than Basic Fatigue Management
- 4 counts of solo driver working more than Basic Fatigue Management minimum time
- 2 counts of defacing or changing a work diary record
- driver possessing more than 1 written work diary with unused pages.