CoR Compliance Email Update – 10th July 2015
Welcome to your weekly CoR Compliance Email Update! This update will help you to keep up to date with the Chain of Responsibility laws that govern the transport and logistics industry.
Industry and legislation updates
Duties For Key Roles Proposed in Chain of Responsibility Reforms
Chain of responsibility law reform for Australia’s transport industry is a step closer with the release today of a National Transport Commission (NTC) discussion paper detailing the proposed specific requirements of participants in the supply chain.
National benefits to flow from heavy vehicle productivity improvements in South Australia
Productivity improvements introduced for heavy vehicles in South Australia will have flow-on national benefits says NHVR Chief Executive, Sal Petroccitto.
South Australia offers to host truck charging trial
Trucks should be charged based on where they travel and the weight they are carrying, according to South Australia’s premier, who has offered to trial the scheme before it is introduced.
NT to expand speed limit trial
Open speed limits are set to become an ongoing fixture in the Northern Territory after a 12-month trial helped lower the road toll.
Oversize and overmass reforms starting to make headway
The harmonisation and reform of the oversize and overmass (OSOM) regime nationally is making progress, the Queensland Transport Association (QTA) has indicated.
Toll to install more driver monitoring technology to detect fatigue
Toll has signed a deal with US safety technology firm Seeing Machines to integrate new driver safety systems across its fleet.
Weekly CoR implementation tip
Does your organisation have an Incident Management Procedure?
The Incident Management Procedure sets out the requirements and processes to manage an incident after it has occurred. The Incident Management Procedure ensures that all incidents are reported, documented, appropriately investigated and corrective actions are applied. The Incident Management Procedure can also be referred to as a Non-Conformance Procedure.
The Incident Management Procedure specifies that employees must be provided with the:
- skills and knowledge of the types of incidents and how to identify them;
- skills and knowledge of appropriate immediate corrective actions within their area of responsibility;
- Tools to easily report the incident (for example, an Incident Report Form).
You should also monitor the Incident Register over time to:
- analyse trends in safety issues;
- set safety priorities; and
- Apply new risk control measures in the workplace.
Does your Incident Management Procedure include:
- the purpose and scope of the procedure;
- the relationship between incident reporting and investigating, and the Risk Management Framework;
- a detailed explanation of the common types of incidents in the workplace and how to identify them;
- a detailed explanation of immediate corrective actions within an employee’s area of responsibility;
- the steps and tool to complete an incident report;
- responsibilities, processes and tools for investigation and implementation of corrective actions after an incident is reported;
- key records and reporting outputs for incident management;
- Requirements for regular monitoring, review and audit of incident information.
If you have subscribed to our full access subscription, you have access to the full suite of CoR Framework templates consisting of 59 policies, procedures and tools that are ready to implement into your workplace. If you would like to upgrade your subscription, just call us on 1300 362 226.
Did you miss a previous CoR Compliance Email Update?
As a subscriber you have access to previous CoR Compliance Email Updates. Simply login to the subscriber’s area and select the Email Update that you missed.
Do you have a question?
As a subscriber you have access to our CoR Compliance Services Helpdesk where you can email our CoR Specialists a question and they will respond to you directly. Simply login to the subscriber’s area and send in your question.
We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your CoR compliance initiatives.